Tuesday 20 May 2008

Back to work

Straight back to work and a departmental meeting first thing. Presentations on the recent telephone upgrade (which went very well - thanks guys), sustainable computing, the new self service helpdesk (going live very soon), projectslite ( a way of managing smaller projects and pieces of work without using the full suite of project management tools), and the University records and archives (an interesting look at some of the records out records manager has discovered in the archives - lots of fascinating insights into the history of the University). Nice to see everyone and catch up.

Spent the afternoon interviewing for some new University posts, and am about to dash off and do the same thing for 4.5 hours this morning - good job I kept up with my email while I was away last week. Then tonight I'm off to London so that I can spend tomorrow at one of my favourite events - the Chelsea Flower Show!

No comments: