Monday 2 March 2009

Off to try the Guinness

Off to Galway in the morning to give a talk at IUISC on the changing way we deliver services to students. I'll be using the Information Commons as an example, and I spent most of the weekend putting a presentation together. I'm not a great believer in death by powerpoint bulleted lists, so mine will be mainly photographs and pictures. Only 115 slides and 70MB - lots of stamina needed!

Had an Executive meeting today where we covered a lot of things - an agenda for our User Group later this week, how we're going to manage printing across the campus, particularly to MFDs (or photocopiers as I like to call them), and lots of learning and teaching matters including a proposal to move to central timetabling either at University or Faculty level.

Most of rest of day spent trying to clear inbox, without success - still has 6000 mails in it....

Next post will be from Ireland, hopefully after I've sampled the Guinness!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Most of rest of day spent trying to clear inbox, without success - still has 6000 mails in it...."

I'd be very interested in your strategy of sorting the 'wheat from the chaff' from that amount of email.

Having said that.....I won't hold my breath.