Sunday 26 October 2008

Pumpkins and awards

Well I'm here - ever so slightly jet lagged, but not too bad. Not seen Mickey yet, but there's time! America is right in the middle of one of it's favourite holidays - Halloween. Pumpkins everywhere, kids dressed up and sweets being given away for trick or treating - and its not even here yet. I have some time off before the conference starts and hope to get to Kennedy Space Centre, and maybe see Shamu the whale at Seaworld - will have to see how much we can cram in.

Got some good news earlier today - it was the Regional RIBA awards ceremony in Leeds on Friday evening but unfortunately I couldn't go because I was packing! As well as the IC's RIBA
award being presented, the results of the RIBA's White Rose competition were also announced, and the IC won the Gold Prize for architecture, and was also named Building of the Year. Fantastic news!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

its favourite holidays.

Unknown said...

I know, I know - I was jet lagged! I've changed it.

Anonymous said...

I thought this was rather good...

http://flickr.com/photos/69387180@N00/444014712/

or bigger...

http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/onblack.php?id=444014712&size=large