Wednesday 29 October 2008

Give me a segway....

I want a Segway - the Conference Centre is just too big - 20 minutes to walk from one end to the other. I doesn't help that I walked out of the last session and absent mindedly turned the wrong way, and walked for 10 minutes before I realised I was heading away from the hotel not towards it. But then anyone who knows me will know what a good sense of direction I have.

Last session of the day was a debate about outsourcing IT services - should you or shouldn't you. Despite the fact that it was a debate, both sides seemed to me to be saying the same thing, or perhaps that's just because it was late! Basically if it's right for you, and gives you benefits whether they are service related or cost savings, do it. If not, don't. I think that sums up the hour.

1 comment:

Segway Inc. said...

Hey! Yes, a Segway PT is the perfect fit for your type of application and we have seen it used in conference centers and arenas around the world - from the Olympics in Bejing to the SuperBowl to tradeshows and conferences. Thanks for recognizing that it is a wonderful problem solver (not to mention fun!) If you are interested in more info, let me know. Thanks!