Wednesday 6 July 2011

Google Plus

As I was lucky enough to get an invite, I've been having a bit of a play with  Google Plus in the last couple of days. First reaction is that I like it. I can actually see a use for it, whereas Google Wave and Google Buzz seemed like solutions looking for a problem to solve. It's easy to use and navigate, and I like the idea of circles - groups of people you can share things with with different privacy settings. Hangout is a nice desktop video conferencing service that you can invite people to - we had five of us taking part like week - and you can share documents, presentations, etc and have chat windows open. Will be interesting to see how it integrates with other apps.

 Yesterday I posted that I've now got Ehco360 on my mac, and I've been having a bit of a think about what to use it for. We've been branding it as lecture capture software, but this version is really personal capture software - I suspect it will be very useful for producing short training videos, demos of how to do simple things, or in my case, maybe some things that I would find easier to say to the team rather than write down - summaries of presentations complete with slides that I've given to outside bodies for example. Any other things you think it might be useful for, let me know.

2 comments:

George Credland said...

Will Google Profiles be enabled for Sheffield Uni accounts to enable us to use it?

Is there an ETA for it being available outside the invite only pilot?

Anonymous said...

I think google plus will take the lead because acordin to this site clavier , 7 million american desactivated their fb account I wonder how will they response to that :) .
P.S the original clavier article is in arabic for a tranlated copy use google translate plz