Thursday, 4 October 2012
New Year, New MOLE
I thought it might be interesting to share some of the facts and stats behind what’s been involved in changing our virtual learning environment:
Starting with our first pilot in the Library and the School of Clinical Dentistry in October 2010, we have...
• Migrated approximately 2700 courses from MOLE to MOLE 2
• Created approximately 1100 new courses
• Created 115 organisations
• Developed 6 different training courses (from face-to-face group sessions to webinars)
• Held 152 training courses
• Trained over 1000 staff and students
• Held consultation meetings with more than 40 departments
• Answered more than 7500 support calls
We’ve also created documentation, knowledge base articles, screencasts and more to support our 27,724 users. Our support resources can be found on a dedicated website and we’ll be developing these further as we respond to users’ needs and the opportunities which MOLE 2 is giving us.
So, while the project to implement MOLE 2 may be winding down (and a big thanks to all involved in this huge task) - it’s going to be exciting to see what our brilliant staff and students do with it and where it takes learning and teaching at the University!