Tuesday 29 May 2012

The $8billion iPad

Yesterday I visited UEA, where I've been sitting on a review group looking at their IT Strategy. It's been very interesting and enjoyable, but the worst bit has been the train journey. It takes almost 4 hours, on a small two carriage train with no trolley service, no power, no wireless, fairly awful loos, and yesterday, in temperatures of 28 degrees, no aircon or even opening windows. Despite the heat I did get a lot of work done on the way down, and on the way back, where the journey took well over 4 and a half hours because of signalling problems, I kept myself busy moaning on twitter, and watching TED talks. I love TED talks - there's always something new, fascinating, funny or amazing.

My favourite from yesterday was this one, Rob Reid using Copyright Maths to explain how the media industry is losing millions of dollars and thousands of jobs through copyright infringement. Or not. Watch the video and decide. It's only short.










And one other thing - I bumped into Stephen Fry in the Co-op on Norwich station. Literally.

No comments: